Friday, July 10, 2009

ON PENCIL DRAWING

Draw with AM today. I have done the same drawing now three times. The first time from a photo that I have taken on A4 size. The second time on A2 size where I have divided the drawing into large blocks - trying to analyze the underlying structure. Today's drawing was completed from memory on A2 size - remembering the areas that influenced me and also now freely adapting the drawing in areas where the photo did not fit in a nice flow. Now I am trying to create the same flow or rhythm throughout the drawing by refining or removing or simplifying certain areas. I also worked a bit on the tonal values as a preparatory study for a painting. Maybe will do another drawing - more detailed comparing again with the reality and correcting some shapes that might be too distorted. AM's view is that I should consider studying German expressionist's like Franz Marc, Ernst Ludwig Kirchner and others in my drawing and painting style since my art is now moving in a definite direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment